16 July 2014
Registrations are now open to serious cyclists looking to ride every day, every stage of the Santos Tour Down Under, while raising funds for critical cancer research.
After a successful inaugural event in January, the Beat Cancer Tour – which supports Cancer Council – is back and strong cyclists are encouraged to register quickly with only 30 spots available.
Cancer Council SA Chief Executive Professor Brenda Wilson said the once in a life time pro-rider experience would allow a select group of cyclists unparalleled access to the professionals as they ride every stage of the 2015 Santos Tour Down Under.
“Our inaugural Beat Cancer Tour was an outstanding success and we are delighted to offer this unique cycling opportunity again in 2015,” Professor Wilson said.
“As well as riding every stage of the Tour ahead of the professionals, the experience extends to accommodation at the Hilton Adelaide with the pros, all meals and nutrition, a mechanics workshop in the Tour Village to service the bikes, a full team kit, medical support and more.”
To date, registrations had been received from across the country.
“The Beat Cancer Tour allows people from across Australia to explore our wonderful state while at the same time making a real difference to the lives of the 300 Australians who are diagnosed with cancer every day,” Professor Wilson said.
“We’re extremely excited to be part of this event, which will see 30 passionate cyclists showing an enormous amount of commitment and courage in their efforts to beat cancer.”
Participants will have to meet fundraising criteria with all proceeds raising much needed funds for cancer research through Cancer Council’s Beat Cancer Project.
The 2015 Santos Tour Down Under will be staged from January 17 to January 25.
To express your interest today, or to find out more information, visit beatcancertour.com.au
Follow us on Twitter: @BeatCancerTour
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/BeatCancerTour