Every day researchers work towards finding new breakthroughs in cancer. Clinical trials play a pivotal role in bringing that defeat closer.
Clinical trials test promising new treatments on people to see if they are better than existing cancer treatments.
By joining a clinical trial you are helping to create new breakthroughs in cancer research. Hundreds of thousands of people all over the world have taken part in clinical trials that have led to safer and more effective treatments for many cancers.
It is important to note that not all cancer patients are eligible to take part in clinical trials and there are not clinical trials for all types of cancer.
You may decide to join a clinical trial because:
- The treatment you receive will be at least the best available for your illness.
- Your health may improve because of the treatment you receive.
- You may receive a treatment you would not otherwise have access to.
- Your health will be carefully checked by the treatment team running the trial.
- You will be part of the worldwide effort to improve cancer treatment.
To find out about current clinical trials in South Australia please use the search engine below: